Brisbane – Australia’s top investment opportunity
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again – if you’re looking to seriously capitalise on a property investment, look no further than Brisbane. Whilst traditionally in the shadows of Sydney and Melbourne, Brisbane is sitting in the up-swing in the property cycle, with a steady rise in sales volumes of many of the city’s suburbs, coupled with an increased demand for stand alone house rentals. Keep reading for our insider tips on investing in QLD, and our three top investment opportunities and IPPA discounted prices.
The Sunshine State – Fastest Rising Market on the Property Clock
The Sunshine State is the fastest growing metropolitan city in Australia, and among the top 30% of fastest growing cities in the world, particularly in terms of job creation. An expanding economic centre, it is targeting an additional 1.5 million jobs, an economic output of 217 billion, and a per capita income of $75,000 by 2031, meaning an additional 44,000 workers will need to be accommodated for within the city. Both interstate and international migration is expected to make up this number, with interstate migration to Brisbane at the highest growth since 2008 – over 17,500 people migrated to the city over 2017 alone, chasing affordable housing, job opportunities, and lifestyle factors.
Such demand for property has put pressure on inner city areas to provide appropriate areas for highly skilled professionals to relocate, and as the Brisbane CBD risks becoming overcrowded, surrounding suburbs offering quality detached family houses with school and lifestyle facilities, with fast transport links but adequate space have never been more popular.
Australia’s New World City
Brisbane is also being developed into a ‘New World City’, set to be Australia’s Asian Pacific Hub by 2022. Brisbane sits alongside a select group of 24 New World Cities, including Barcelona, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and Cape Town, which possess similar traits. A New World City is:
- Offers quality education options
- Has efficient infrastructure
- Has low congestion, inflation, and pollution
- Is safe and secure
- Offers an optimal work-life balance
On a global scale, these cities should also be among the world’s top 100 cities for visitors and innovation, and be globally recognised for commercial investment and industry opportunities.
In order to reach these goals, Brisbane is increasing its industry focus on knowledge-based and corporate services, the accommodation and visitor economy, higher and international education, the energy and resources industry, creative and digital services, property development and construction, advanced manufacturing, and food and agribusiness. It is expected to transform into a hub for start-ups, small and medium sized enterprises, and multi-national corporations alike.
Our Top Investment Picks
Ellendale Estate, Upper Kedron QLD
Market price: From $640,000
IPPA price: From $620,000
An investment in Ellendale Estate, Upper Kedron brings you the best of both worlds – prime location just 12 km from Brisbane CBD, whilst maintaining the size and quality of a timeless property. A brand new masterplanned community backing on to the South D’Aguilar National Park, this estate comprises 40% green space of both natural corridors and recreational areas. House and land packages start from $640,000 for 4x2x2 complete with quality inclusions, ensuring a an easy process to attract and retain tenants. Watch here for an overview on the area.
Why IPPA believes Upper Kedron is a good investment:
- Affluent, inner Brisbane City Opportunity – 12km to Brisbane CBD
- Surrounded by some of the best private schools in Brisbane
- Transport at your doorstep, with an express train to Brisbane CBD in 15 minutes
- Urban living in a leafy area, surrounded by nature
- Good long term capital growth
- Low vacancy rate 1.15%
Highfields Estate – Bridgeman Downs
Market price: From $680,000
IPPA price: From $660,000
Bridgeman Downs is an excellent choice for a long term investment. A natural haven in the inner suburbs of Northern Brisbane, this area offers a relaxed, family-focused lifestyle, with easy access to Brisbane CBD, located merely 14 km away, whilst the beautiful beaches of the Sunshine Coast are only an hour’s drive.
Why IPPA believes Bridgeman Downs is a good investment:
- Surrounded by great transport, schools and Chermside Major shopping centre within minutes
- Affluent Area in Brisbane
- Good long term capital grown – Median Price for Bridgeman downs $760k
- 14k m from Brisbane CBD
- Low vacancy rate
Market price: From $600,000
IPPA price: From $580,000
Enjoy the Gold Coast lifestyle in Arundel Springs, with beautiful forests, beaches, and amenities available at the doorstep of this development. Located 10 km from Southport CBD, the cornerstone of the Gold Coast’s key economic growth corridor, next to over 60 hectares of waterfront space. Additionally, being just 5km from the Gold Coast University Hospital and nearby the Griffith Gold Goast University, as well as the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games and facilities, the Gold Coast is experiencing significant economic growth, and offers superior access to priority employment, educational, and sporting facilities.
Why IPPA believes Arundel Springs is a good investment:
- No land whatsoever left on the fringe of the Gold Coast like this – a true golden opportunity
- 1 of 2 of the last remaining estates on the waterline side of the Gold Coast
- New G Link Rail for the Gold Coast City and surrounding areas
- Major Shopping centre of Westfield at your doorstep
- Minutes from the Motorway main access, which spans from Victoria to Cairns
- Minutes to one of the largest new hospitals in Australia
- Minutes to the Gold Coast Griffith University, a huge university
- Minutes to the Gold Coast CBD
- Hard Rail to Brisbane and Sunshine Coast at your doorstep
- Limited land supply – there is nothing left on the Coast like this, and wont be in the future
Interested in investing in Brisbane, or want to hear more about our special discounted packages we have on offer? We’d love to help out. Use our easy scheduling system to book an introductory call or obligation-free appointment, or email us at email@example.com.